RT @DanielYergin: Now available on-demand: The Great Supply Chain Disruption will continue into 2022. Pleased to chair a panel of experts l…
Climate and Sustainable Finance - Is chemical recycling a game changer
Chemical or feedstock recycling is being touted as a game changer that can transform recycling. With chemical recycling, innovative technologies - such as pyrolysis, gasification, chemical depolymerization, catalytic cracking and reforming, and hydrogenation - convert plastic waste into chemicals. These technologies produce feedstocks such as monomers, oligomers, and higher hydrocarbons that can in turn be used to make virgin polymers.
Considering the steep recycling targets introduced by European Union regulators and the inadequacy of mechanical recycling to meet those goals, it makes sense that chemical recycling could play a complementary role. However, chemical recycling operations have yet to reach industrial or commercial scale.
- Singapore tackles GHGs from major emitters at heart of its industrial hub
- Anglo American CEO: Miners need to decarbonize to harness rising demand in low-carbon future
- What does net zero mean? Debates drag on amid greenwashing worries
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries plans to reach net zero with CCUS
- Indonesia, Vietnam show ambition in coal phaseouts but face strong challenges in electricity reforms
- LNG industry aims for transparency with new frameworks to assess carbon neutrality of global shipments
- RWE earmarks nearly $57 billion for renewables amid coal phaseouts
- EU calls on other major emitters to do more to meet 1.5 degrees C goal
This session covered common misconceptions, guidance on accommodations, and ways to support individuals with disabi… https://t.co/EwOe6ghspZ
Founded in December 2020, EnABLE has hosted a range of dynamic events. Most recently, we hosted a session with our… https://t.co/5S1xPLdIrd