RT @SPGlobal: Essential Intelligence from S&P Global helps you dive below the surface. Because a better, more prosperous world is yours for…
Climate and Sustainable Finance - Specialty chemicals: Enablers of sustainable development
We live in chemophobic times: The media and general public view chemicals as enemies of the environment. But this perspective is flawed because it overlooks the essential role of chemicals - particularly specialty chemicals - as enablers of sustainable development.
Produced responsibly - as the vast majority of chemicals are - specialty chemicals and polymers support key sustainable development goals, including clean water, clean energy, and the preservation of life below water. They enable society to satisfy its current needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own requirements.
- Q&A: S&P Global’s Roger Diwan on how oil and gas prices are rebalancing global energy dynamics
- Better regulatory frameworks in Southeast Asia to promote low-carbon investments: analysts
- US energy-related CO2 emissions remained below pre-pandemic levels in 2021: EIA
- Oil majors reluctant to adopt Paris-aligned GHG cuts despite shareholder push
- China, India shift back to coal-fired power as energy security trumps climate worries
- Petronas poised to drive aggressive CCS development in Malaysia
- Western funds for South African power decarbonization only a down payment: Eskom CEO
- End of New Zealand's genetically modified crop ban beckons to cut key ag sector emissions
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
Each year, we commemorate Asian American & Pacific Islander Heritage Month to celebrate the rich, diverse culture a… https://t.co/oOU06vryXV